Environmental Health & Justice
Our mission is to foster the creation of healthy homes, healthy workplaces, and healthy neighborhoods in Worcester’s most overburdened communities through programs and collaborations that advance environmental justice and community empowerment. We’ve worked in our neighborhoods to advance these causes through education, advocacy, training, leadership development, empowerment and awareness creation. REC work with community members and provide vital resources to create positive and lasting changes on critical environmental justice issues to residents who are disproportionately affected by these issues.
Our objectives are to:
- Eliminate environmental health hazards in homes and create a healthy environment to protect the health and safety of families and children.
- Empower residents to become leaders of environmental justice initiatives in our neighborhoods.
- Promote conservation and energy efficiency measures to reduce our carbon foot print, reduce energy cost and create high paying jobs for our community.
- Support initiatives that promote clean air, and work with stake holders to reduce emissions and protect the environment.
- Promote community cleaning and caring initiatives such as neighborhood and Earth Day clean ups to improve the quality of our neighborhoods.
- Work to promote public policies (local and state) that influence effective environmental health and justice initiatives.
Worcester Green and Healthy Homes Coalition
Worcester Trash Action
Worcester Diesel Pollution Solution
For more information on Environmental Health and Justice Programs please contact Environmental Health & Justice Program Director Koby Owusu-Ansah at email@example.com